Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Day 191
I walked the loop vary fast as I had already decided what to draw - these flowers which are in a mixed bed of flowers, herbs and vegetables on a patch of wasteground near the brickworks - somebody must find their townhouse courtyard too small for their green thumb. I need to do these British garden flowers as a study for a memory painting I will do about gardening with my Dad, and bumble bees (which we don't have here). Unfortunately, it started to pour so I will have to go back to do the wall flowers, marigolds, potatoes and anything else I might need. For once, I just painted straight off - maybe I will add pen later. 6 km walk.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Alison, I love these flowers. They are so loosely powerful, very free. Great colours. Please paint more flowers.
Jen

Julie Oakley said...

Very pretty and although I'm no gardener Ithey're all very familiar.