Thursday, December 28, 2006

Day 242
A peaceful day. I cycled over the hill and down to the video shop to return some DVD's and then returned along the lakeside cycle-path, past the Yarralumla swimming area. This Frenchman was crooning to himself as he watched his two youngsters frolic in the shallows. His foreshortened upper arm and elbow were really difficult to sketch - I kept reminding myself just to draw what I saw but I couldn't work out what I was seeing - never mind - good enough!
12 km cycle

4 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Nice peaceful bloke.
We saw an amazing guy the other day as we drove back from Melbourne on the freeway. Beside the road there are always a few cars broken down or stopped for some reason. There was this guy playing a violin into the wind.
W.

Penny said...

Your people are getting better and better. I see Canberra had 10 ml today, we could do with that but no such luck, at least it is still relatively cool for the moment.

Jana Bouc said...

I think you got the arm just right. I wouldn't have noticed the struggle had you not mentioned it. I liked the details in your description too. It's fun to see a sunny summery day on a frosty one here.

Julie Oakley said...

This is a lovely drawing and despite your struggle the arm does look right.