Monday, April 16, 2007

Day 350
Forum days are fully organised with classes, lectures, chatting etc so every day, I do some exercise by cycling across town from the boarding school where I am staying to the other part of the school where the classes are held. The first thing we had to do in class was draw a self portrait, using pen and ink and "gathering as much information as possible". Consequently, everyone drew every wrinkle and we all looked very old, and of course, intense concentration made us appear very severe. I found it interesting to compare this effort with one done a year ago, when I first joined Everyday Matters (see here)

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Oh my goodness! Hello grandma! Of course you don't have all of those lines! On 'What's good for you' last night there was a look at how to get rid of lines - botox - which is a poison that can kill mice, lasering which costs thousands, or a $40 cream. Most showed 'improvement' they reckon, but what's the point anyway? A bit of coconut oil occasionally is surely enough!
w.

Julie Oakley said...

I see that you've erred seriously on the unflattering side! But isn't that the case with self portraits - so, so difficult to see ourselves as others see us. I'm always shocked when I see photos of myself - in my head I'm about twenty-seven and size 10 so photos are invariably a disappointment