Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Day 337
This evening, I cycled to the Art School, arriving 15 minutes early - just time for a quick sketch of the courtyard before the group began. As often happens in classes and workshops, it's a bit different from what I expected. We have the facilities of the sculpture workshop at our disposal and two tutors to teach us new skills. Yesterday, I learned how to braise fencing wire and use an angle grinder. Now there is a two week Easter break during which we are supposed to clarify our ideas. A number of art school students and staff will be contributing to the exhibition but they are not at these evening meetings so it will be a while before I have an idea of what the exhibition will look like.

3 comments:

Emma Pod said...

Hi Alison, great drawings since I last visited. I have no ideas what it means to "braise fencing wire" or use an "angle grinder", but I wish you well with both! Sounds like you're learning lots of new things. I also like you memory book blog...what a great idea!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What a delightful picture. Can't say much - about six visitors coming this morning to see our Botanical Gardens - three from Fiji so must tidy the kitchen!
w.

Jana Bouc said...

This is great! I love the way you captured the movement and gesture of the people and the buildings are beautifully drawn. Great colors too.