Thursday, November 30, 2006

Day 214
At last the horses are back in the local paddock. Last year, a number died a slow death from liver poisoning caused by eating Patterson's Curse - a little blue weed that flourishes particularly in a drought when its competition dies off. It's called Salvation Jane by the bee keepers though. The price of honey is forecast to skyrocket. I bought 2, 3 litre tubs today - it will keep. Anyway, not much of a sketch but it is horses, which I thought I would never be able to do - I was a bit far away to see details such as eyes. 20km cycle

3 comments:

Penny said...

My knees ache at your long cycle rides! Love the horses, not easy are they, thats why I very rarely do them!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Lovely creatures and finely drawn.
W.

Jana Bouc said...

You did a great job with the horses--I find animals so hard to draw because they just won't hold still ever!