Monday, November 13, 2006

Day 197
We've had storms on and off all day and keep losing access to the Internet. I nipped out this evening to draw these steps which I noticed a while ago and put on my 'list of sketching possibilities'. Tomorrow, I am off to the coast - taking Finnian to meet the tall ship Duyfken which she is crewing on for the next month. Then I have a couple of days by myself - time for lots of sketching - then Ralph will arrive by bus and we have a few days together. Tor will mind the fort here.

6 comments:

Julie Oakley said...

I'm glad Google offers alternative spelling :) I couldn't resist seeing what the ship looked like http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Oceania/Australia/photo412486.htm

I'm sure Finnian will have a wonderful time - wow a whole month - fantastic. I hope you enjoy your couple of days away.

Nice composition on the picture.

Tami said...

Great composition on these stairs! Love the pot at the bottom too! Finnian's trip sounds so interesting; enjoy your days and time to yourself.

Penny said...

hope Finnian likes her trip, the Duyfken looked really good while she was here, but nice weather would be nice. Have a lovely few days.
Oh and I like your steps, good composition.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Dividing the pic looks good.
Hey, what's with the weather? Two days ago wild and windy with my summer skirt practically blowing right up to my neck!
Yesterday snow at Ballarat and it was freezing in Geelong. But a bit of rain, light, but not enough for the catchment areas. We are down to 28%.
W.

Jana Bouc said...

Wonderful drawing and composition! Your words reminded me to start keeping a list in my notebook of locations of things I see that I want to return to draw. I keep forgetting where they were. Driving the other night, I saw an ATM machine glowing in the dark on the side of a building that I want to go back and paint and I would have totally forgotten about it except for your post.

Hashi said...

Have a wonderful time alone at the coast ... mmm ...