Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 188
Ralph and I cycled into town to join the (supposedly) Global Walk for Action on Climate Change. The speeches seemed to be over very quickly - or maybe I just couldn't hear them - anyway, it seemed that no sooner had I sat down to sketch, than everyone was dispersing. However, the penguin, which I has spent time searching for, suddenly parked itself right in front of me. It's harder than I expected to sketch a crowd - people kept standing in front of me! 12 km cycle.

4 comments:

Tami said...

I think you did a pretty good job on that crowd, concidering it was a moving herd!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Good on you sketching them quickly, and a penguin too! I was at some gig recently and there was an owl and I just couldn't help but talk away to him/her. Quakers for Peace. I like that one. I wish I was a Quaker some times!
I remember now - the 'owl' was at our protest about a bridge across Yarra street and more shopping mania complexes.
W.

Jana Bouc said...

It's a good thing you wrote about the drawing or I would have been really confused by that penguin, which I assume is a person in costume. Even if the crowd was moving fast, you still managed to get them. Nice!

Penny said...

A very good crowd, they actually look like people.No drawing today unless I can find another minute but I am walking