Friday, October 06, 2006

Day 158
A beautiful sunny, mild day (though I really want rain and think that wet grey days should be relabelled 'fine') so I cycled to the Lake and over the two bridges. Then I decided to re visit the Imant Tillers exhibition. He paints oil on board slightly larger than A4 and then combines the boards in an enormous patchwork directly on the gallery wall. All the boards are numbered - he has done 10's of thousands. His works reference many other artists, address a wealth of ideas, often include text and are visually very interesting. I especially liked this installation - 9 music stands each with a board painting, the white shapes being a message (inspired by the pattern of sunlight dancing on the wall). I also like the way that the black knobs and feet of the stands look like musical text. 15 km cycle

4 comments:

Hashi said...

I love this! It's very ... lyrical.

Julie Oakley said...

I really, really love this one. It grabbed me the minute I saw it.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

An artist works from others' ideas, then another artist takes off from there. An interesting story and your picture is lovely.
w.

Jana Bouc said...

Hmmmmm, interesting concept and I like your drawing of it. Thanks for including the link to his art. It's amazing!