Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day 93
Mum is still very ill. She has pneumonia on top of Parkinson's disease and is on a drip and oxygen - we have 'hospital in the home' so she does not have to be in hospital which is very unsettling for her, and Dad can pop in and out through the day and sleep by her at night instead of being a visitor which he is not good at. I wasn't going to draw this image but after nearly two weeks of nursing Mum and spending many hours sitting with her as she sleeps, it was time to do it. I wondered whether I should publish it, but I think it is quite delicate and as an expression of love, it is also a gift - to whoever visits this blog. 3 km cycle

6 comments:

Hashi said...

Yes, it is a gift. Thank you Alison. As I wish I could be near my mother at this time, your loving posts and illustrations actually soothe me in some way.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

You are a brave woman to keep on drawing as you experience a traumatic time with your Mum. This is a generous kind of gift for your family and friends to make a record of this time. Therapeutic and beautiful.
Wendy

Julie Oakley said...

This is so tender. Your mother sounds like such a lovely woman.

suzanne cabrera said...

This is so touching. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes for your mother.

Anonymous said...

Inspiring, Alison. Your love for your mother shines through.
Virginia Hanley
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginarteau/

Jana Bouc said...

She looks so delicate and so pretty, even with her illness. The painting is a real tribute to her.