Friday, June 16, 2006


Day 47
A lovely cycling day but very cold to sit and draw outside so I cycled to the Manuka shops, along a hilly route which gives my legs and lungs a good workout. I hoped I could draw in one of my favourite shops, The Shearing Shed, which has been supplying lovely wools since long before the current resurgence in knitting. This is just one corner - I love how this shop is so stuffed with delights - one can feel everything and dream about what one might make with this or that. Thank you, Hope, for welcoming me. 10 km

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison

This is a wonderful sketch of my shop. I have printed it and am going to show your skeych to all my customers. Thanks heaps.

Wish you have a very colurful day everyday!

Hashi said...

You've captured that stuffed-full-of-warmth-and-colour feeling very well. Makes me feel all cosy!

Julie Oakley said...

Delightful. I never managed to master knitting as a child (the tension got tighter and tighter until I had to hammer the needles through) so I envy all of you who've cracked it and can make all this lovely stuff.

Penny said...

As an avid knitter I wish we had a shop like this near me, looks wonderful and you have caught it so well.

Paula Adams Perez said...

This is a lovely illustration! And I commend you on doing this challenge for a year - what wonderful benefits you will reap, in health and in skill!

seesue said...

I love the warmth and fulness of this sketch. Don't you just love to just look at shelves full of wonderful possibilities?!